He Drugged the Girls’ WHAT?!

(TheIndependentStar.com) – In a bizarre criminal case, an Oregon father has been slapped with a two-year prison sentence after he administered sedatives to the smoothies of his 12-year-old daughter’s friends during a sleepover.

Michael Meyden, the defendant, justified his actions by stating he wanted to ensure the girls received adequate rest.

Earlier this week, Meyden received his sentence after admitting guilt to the charge of drugging the fruit drinks he served to the young guests at his residence in Lake Oswego, in August 2023.

In a courtroom statement, Meyden, 57, expressed remorse, explaining his primary concern was to have the children asleep after they remained awake beyond 11 p.m., contrary to his directive, as reported by the Oregonian.

“I was overly fixated on them going to bed, yes, that is true,” he remarked. He elaborated on his intentions, highlighting his desire for them to be well-rested for the following day.

“My whole life is destroyed. Everything that was important to me up until that point is gone,” Meyden declared.

Subsequent to the allegations, Meyden faced personal repercussions; his wife divorced him and gained custody of their two children.

In May, following these events, Meyden attempted to take his own life, and the family home where the incident took place was sold.

During the sentencing, Judge Ann Lininger responded to Meyden’s expressions of shame and remorse, acknowledging their sincerity.

“I think you have created a lot of pain and you rightly note that your own family is suffering a lot,” the judge said.

The incident came to light when Meyden added a benzodiazepine, a prescription nervous system depressant, to the girls’ mango smoothies, insisting they consume them.

His actions were discovered when one of the girls, unable to sleep, sensed something was amiss and texted her mother for help.

“Mom please pick me up and say I had a family emergency. I don’t feel safe. I might not respond but please come get me, Please. Please pick up. Please. PLEASE!!” she wrote around 1:45 a.m. that night.

Throughout the night, Meyden visited the basement where the girls were sleeping multiple times, checking if they had fallen asleep.

In some instances, he went so far as to check a girl’s breathing by placing his finger under her nose and moving another girl around where she lay.

Following the distressed text, the girls were swiftly rescued by their parents around 3 a.m. and taken to a hospital, where tests confirmed the presence of drugs in their system.

Copyright 2024, TheIndependentStar.com